Studio Woodworkers Australia was formed to promote awareness of fine woodwork and provide ongoing professional development to artists and designer/makers specializing in wood. Being a general member/accredited member gives public assurance of high quality work and brings attention and recognition to every other SWA member.
SWA supports a wide variety of professional woodworking styles and genres, so if you’re a professional artist or designer/maker, being in SWA helps promote your business: SWA’s directory of makers is the primary source for anyone wanting to buy or commission studio woodwork. And achieving accredited status demonstrates a commitment to certain standards and assures clients of the best quality and service.
SWA membership categories:
$110: General (Click here)
$550: Accredited ($550 for first year,$220 in subsequent years) (Click here)
Complimentary, honorary membership is by invitation from the Board, to institutions and individuals to promote the activities of SWA.
All membership levels include:
▪ a listing on the SWA website
▪ benefitting financially from the SWA’s advocacy platform for members
▪ receiving announcements and discounts for SWA conferences
▪ regular newsletter and website updates
▪ advice when you need it from other professionals
Accredited members also receive:
▪ all of the above with a more ‘co-ordinated’ presence on the SWA website
▪ a web page with bio, pictures and contact details
▪ press releases and access to the SWA publicist
▪ Inclusion in Studio Woodworkers Australia’s Directory of Makers, accredited member exhibitions and catalogues
▪ Assurance to clients of your professionalism and skill level
▪ Collective marketing and advertising opportunities
▪ Peer recognition as an accredited studio woodworker
▪ Invitations to participate in tenders and special exhibitions