Studio Woodworkers Australia promotes awareness of fine woodwork and provides ongoing professional development to artists and designer-makers specialising in wood. Being a member gives public assurance of high quality work and brings attention and recognition to every other SWA member.
The SWA has a two tiered membership structure, General Members and Accredited Members.
All members start as General Members. Established woodworking practitioners may apply for accreditation when lodging their General Member application.
The SWA Directory of Makers is a primary source for anyone wanting to buy or commission fine woodwork.
SWA Membership Fees:
$110: General Membership Application Form (Click here)
$220: Accredited Membership Application Form (Click here)
Honorary Membership is by invitation from the Board, to institutions and individuals to promote the activities of SWA.
All membership levels include:
- A listing on the SWA website
- Regular newsletter and website updates
- Advice and mentoring from other professionals when you need it
- Access to the online forum for information and support
- The opportunity to meet other members at meetings and conferences
Accredited members also receive:
- All of the above, with a presence on the SWA Directory of Makers page on the website
- Assurance to clients of your professionalism and skill level
- Collective marketing and advertising opportunities
- Invitations to participate in tenders and special exhibitions
- Introduction to selected retailers.