Membership and Accreditation
Studio Woodworkers Australia Limited (SWA) was established to promote Australia’s finest designer makers and artists working in wood.
The membership structure provides for woodworkers to join as General Members and advance to Accredited Membership after submitting details of their work and practice for review by an Accreditation Committee. The primary purpose of Accreditation is providing public assurance of the maker’s experience and quality of their work and service. Accredited Members are entitled to use the title “Accredited Studio Woodworker” for promotion of their own businesses.
Applying for accreditation requires completion of the Accredited Membership application form together with a number of images and payment of the membership fee. The application is considered by a review panel of three Accredited Members who consider the makers experience and quality of work.
General Members are encouraged to apply to become Accredited Members. Established makers with a track record of quality design and completed work are welcome to apply to become Accredited Members by simply completing the Accredited Membership application form, providing the images and details requested and paying an initial General Member application fee together with the Accredited Membership application fee. In subsequent years payment the annual Accredited Membership fee will be required.
- are included in the Directory of Makers on the SWA website
- have access to marketing by SWA
- receive invitations to participate in exhibitions
- receive introductions to selected retailers
- receive newsletters and website updates
- have access to the SWA Forum for advice and support if required
- may receive mentoring from Accredited Members
- have the opportunity to meet other members at meetings and conferences.
Membership fees incl GST
- Accredited Membership $220
- Accredited Membership for established makers not yet members $220
- General Membership $110
Please remember to pay your membership fee when sending your application
BSB 032691 Account 375392 with the reference “membership & your name”.